Easton Corbin LP Field Backstage Press Conference CMA Music Festival 2010

Easton Corbin LP Field Backstage Press Conference CMA Music Festival 2010

Q: Easton, tell us about this week and playing at the big stadium tonight. What are your feelings?

EC: I have been looking forward to this all week, actually the last two months or however long we’ve been out there. It is a great opportunity to get out there and sing to the fans and get to know them. A lot of people start on the Riverfront stage over there across the river; so it is a big honor to start over here at LP Field.

Q: Can you talk about the H2O tour and being out there with Brad Paisley. Talk about the camaraderie and have you experienced any of the “water” part?

EC: I haven’t had a chance to take a slide on the water rides or the slip and slides; but It has been great to be able to sing in front of those fans. You hope that every night you bring in a few away from there. Everyone we are out with on this tour are great artists and great people. I have been having a great time.

Q: Being fairly new to the music community yourself, is there anyone that you have been excited to meet or would like to meet?

EC: I would love to meet Merle Haggard or George Jones because those guys are my musical heroes. Keith Whitley is one of those guys too, but that’s not going to happen. I got to meet George Strait a little while back and that was really, really cool.

Q: Could you talk a little bit about your new single “Roll With It” and did you write on it?

EC: I wish I was a writer on it, but I’m not. It is one of those songs that when I first heard it, I could see me on the river, down home, being with my buddies on a Saturday or being at the beach. I feel that that is what that song is all about, having a good time and no worries.

Q: With Father’s Day coming up, what is the best advice your father ever gave you?

EC: Be true to yourself and give it all you have.

Q: Tell us what you will remember most about your first CMA Fest?

EC: Everything! I am just taking it in.

Q: Since you had a number one hit right out of the box, are the fans putting a face with the song? Have you noticed that this week?

EC: They could be. I haven’t asked any of them.

Q: Do you consider yourself a patriot and maybe share a fourth of July you remember most?

EC: I am a patriotic person, I love my country. It is the best country in the world. I can remember being a kid and my Uncle would always bring fireworks over to my Grandma’s. That was a big highlight for me and my cousins. We would go out there with him and set off fireworks.

Q: You mentioned that you just met George Strait. I work at a radio station and am always getting calls that say you sound a lot like George Strait. I was wondering if he has heard of this guy that sounds like him on the radio?

EC: I don’t know. I didn’t ask him that. It’s intimidating enough just to meet him, but I’m not going to bring that up.

Q: How did you meet him?

EC: I went to a show with the label and it was just a casual meet and greet.

Q: Brad Paisley came on stage and played with you. You did a Jerry Reed song?

EC: Yes, he did and it was “Workin’ Man Blues”. We do “Workin’ Man Blues” and go into “Amos Moses” and back into the Merle Haggard song. It was great, a lot of fun. I couldn’t top that. After that, I told the fans I didn’t know what else to do.

Q: After years of dreaming of this moment of being on stage in front of crowds and appreciative audiences, what is it like when you step on stage and get that crowd approval, what does that energy feel like?

EC: It is hard to describe. It feels great and there is nothing like it.

Q: What goes through your mind?

EC: I am standing here on the stage singing for a living. What could be better?

Q: Being new in this business, is there anything about it yet that has surprised you in a good way or a bad way?

EC: Not really, you just spend a lot of time on the road so it is tough being away from home. You adjust to it.

Q: You are on the road with Brad Paisley, “Mr. King Prankster”. I recently talked with Steel Magnolia and they talked about that even when he offered to come sing on stage with them they wondered if it was going to be a prank. Do you find yourself being paranoid or prepared for Brad?

EC: Not really. I just roll with whatever he brings. I am not going to worry about it.

Q: I wondered if you like fishing? You and Brad fished in a tournament earlier this week. Have you talked fishing?

EC: Yes, I like fishing but we haven’t really talked about it. It has been mostly guitars but I am sure we will get to that when the tour is over.

Q: What are some of the things you have to have with you on the tour bus?

EC: I don’t know. We don’t have a whole lot on the tour bus. We are pretty “lean” so whatever I can get.

No comments: