Julianne Hough LP Field Backstage Press Conference CMA Music Festival 2010

Julianne Hough LP Field Backstage Press Conference CMA Music Festival 2010

Q: Can you talk about performing on this huge stage tonight and what it means to you?

JH: I am super excited because the first time I performed, I got to sing my single and that was it, a really quick thing. Last year, I was scheduled to perform but because of the tornado warnings and all the weather stuff, I had to jet out so I wouldn’t miss my George Strait show, so I didn’t get to perform then. This year I am very excited because I am performing all new music. People haven’t really heard anything from in the last year and a half. They have been waiting and I definitely have been waiting so I am excited and ready.

Q: Can you tell us about the new single and the representation?

JH: This record is such a departure from the last one. Not only is the music different but I personally have grown as an artist and vocally and it all sounds like one now. Writing was one of the best parts of this whole process. I wrote the single “Is That So Wrong” with Sara Buxton and Blair Daily. I love them and they are my “go-to guys”. It is a great song. I wrote it right when I got out of a relationship and I think people can relate to the fact that sometimes you don’t want to be alone, sometimes a friend isn’t good enough. It isn’t a “booty call”, it is just you want to be held and that is what the song is about.

Q: Last year you had a really cute story about how a little girl asked you about your earrings and you gave them to her. Do you have any stories like that from this year?

JH: I saw her, her name is Lexi. I saw her at the City of Hope Softball game and she had the earrings in; it was great. I was signing yesterday and there was a really excited guy named Peter and he was just so excited. It was fun because I have not been present for such a long time. It’s really great to feel the love.

Q: Carrie Underwood’s wedding is coming up. What kind of gift are you giving her?

JH: Oh my, a wedding gift. I have been to so many weddings. I have no idea, something they will use separately. I don’t know, I will have to think about it.

Q: You are filming or finished filming a movie with Cher and the others. That is a pretty huge thing.

JH: Yes. I just finished filming a movie called “Burlesque” with Cher and Christine Aguilera and Kristen Bell; an amazing cast. It was my first movie roll and really fun. I get to sing and dance. I hope you all recognize me, I have red hair and I am pregnant.

Q: Can you talk about working with Cher? She’s such an icon.

JH: To be honest, if anyone deserves the right to be a Diva, it is definitely Cher; but she is so far from a Diva. She is so chilled and down to earth. She is the one sitting up on the set while everyone else is asking to go to their trailers. She is very encouraging and I did a great, really emotional scene with her and she knew exactly what to say to me to get me emotional after 17 takes. She is amazing, I feel so blessed to have even been in her presence and to have worked with her.

Q: Did she share any actual advice while you were filming?

JH: To be honest, we were just hanging out. We weren’t trying to get anything from each other, just hanging out.

Q: Can you give career advice for aspiring artists? What would you tell them to do?

JH: As an artist, in general, for anyone that wants to do what they love, just keep going and really believe in yourself. Sometimes you don’t, but you have to keep going. There are moments like tonight or when you meet fans; it definitely pays off.

Q: Are you going to return to “Dancing With The Stars”?

JH: There was a rumor about that going around, but I don’t know yet. It is a little too early to tell. They are not going to decide which dancers are on until they get the celebrities.

Q: Can you talk about your film “Foot Loose”?

JH: It’s crazy. It has been such an on-going thing for me. I could not be any more excited now than before because there has been so much direction change and growth through the movie. It was going to be this singing and dancing big shebang movie and now it is going to be more like the original and really holding onto key points from the movie. It is great for me because I feel it is a real “performance” acting piece for me. I don’t sing or dance in it. The director Craig Brewer is unbelievable. It will be a little edgier but still PG-13


Addtional photos of the press conference are available at http://MomentsByMoser.zenfolio.com/frilppressconf

No comments: